Williams will give Logan Sargeant an additional practice session at the Sao Paulo Grand Prix in an effort to move the American closer to earning the Super License he needs to compete on the Formula One grid next season.
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — An American driver is closing in on Formula One.
Williams reserve driver Logan Sargeant will get a seat for the 2023 season if he earns enough Super License points to qualify, team boss Jost Capito said Saturday ahead of the United States Grand Prix.
WANTAGE, England (AP) — Formula One team Williams is releasing Canadian driver Nicholas Latifi when his contract runs out at the end of the season.
Williams made the announcement on Friday without saying who will replace the 27-year-old Latifi, whose crash at the season-ending Abu Dhabi GP last season triggered a one-lap chaotic restart that saw Max Verstappen overtake Lewis Hamilton to win the title.
MONZA, Italy (AP) — The Italian Grand Prix finished on a sour note Sunday and brought back unhappy memories for Lewis Hamilton.
The race ended under the safety car, denying thousands of red-clad tifosi fans a grandstand finish between Formula One points leader Max Verstappen – who won the race – and Ferrari driver Charles Leclerc.
LONDON (AP) — Alex Albon has signed a multi-year contract extension to continue driving for Formula One team Williams.
The 26-year-old Albon joined Williams this season as a replacement for George Russell, who moved to Mercedes.
BUDAPEST, Hungary (AP) — Formula One's former race director Michael Masi has described the abuse he received on social media following last season's controversial call at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
MONTREAL (AP) — Pierre Gasly is “100% confirmed” to return to AlphaTauri next season, and teams believe Oscar Piastri is ready for a promotion into a Formula One seat.
But Williams expects its lineup to remain unchanged through the end of the year — great news, if true, for Nicholas Latifi — and McLaren boss Zak Brown said his relationship with embattled driver Daniel Ricciardo has never been better.
Motorsport's governing body FIA concluded Saturday that ex-Formula One race director Michael Masi made a “human error” but acted in good faith at the controversial season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix last year.
Lewis Hamilton urged social media companies to do more to stop the spread of online abuse after fellow Formula One driver Nicholas Latifi received death threats following the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
Lewis Hamilton took nearly two months to emotionally recover from the controversial Formula One finale that cost him a record eighth championship. The Mercedes driver insisted Friday he never considered quitting F1 in protest.
Formula One driver Nicholas Latifi was so affected by online abuse and death threats after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix that he hired bodyguards for his sightseeing trip to London with his girlfriend.
The 26-year-old Canadian was threatened after the season-ending race, where he crashed his Williams car into a wall with a few laps left.